StarCodec is a codec pack, an installer of codecs for playing media files,
which is distributed for free.
StarCodec provides a convenient and stable media environment by including stable and excellent codecs.
If you have low performance PC or want to play videos only, use the Lite version.
The Classic version includes most of codecs with the old codecs that rarely used recently.
You can use 64-bit version for 64-bit Media Players.
- StarCodec 20171221 (33.1MB) - Download, Download.com, MajorGeeks.com
- StarCodec 20171221 Lite (15.8MB) - Download
- StarCodec 20171221 Classic (37.7MB) - Download
[ Feature ]
- Video codec: H.264/AVC, XviD, MPEG-4, DivX, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MJPEG, WebM...
- Audio codec: MP3, OGG, AC3, DTS, AAC, FLAC...
- In addition: Subtitle support, AVI/MP4/MKV/MOV/FLV/RM support, FourCC Changer, MediaInfo...
[ System requirements ]
- Windows XP or higher(Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10)
- DirectX 7 or higher recommended
- Windows Media Player 7 or higher recommended
[ Cautions ]
- If you already have installed another codec pack in the system, it may cause a crash. So you had better uninstall it before installation.
- Normal installation type with selecting necessary codecs is recommended. Full installation type with unnecessary codecs may cause a crash.